Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Post NOT about Grace and Avery

This is Grace and Avery's Mommy posting tonight.
Last weekend my sister Amy, my Mom, and I headed a little up Hwy 71 and went antiquing in Warrenton, TX. We done this many times in the past. But it has become a little less common since Amy and I have had babies. It's always fun to set out early in the morning into fields that usually have herds of cattle roaming...but for a few weeks a year, they are moved. And in moves the JUNK! Miles and miles of treasures and junk! I showed my husband this 1st picture and explained what all he was missing. He didn't seem all that interested in joining us next time. Oh well, his loss!
Some exciting news...Come 2012 on HGTV, there will be a new show about the Junk Gypsy ladies. HGTV also was there in Warrenton and they had a booth "lounge" set up to promote the Junk Gypsy show.
I want this duvet on my bed. However, I didn't want to pay the price. But I think I might be able to make something comparable.
Here I am with my Junk Gypsy shirt...that I spent WAY too much on. But it sure does look cute on me!
Here is a view of the HGTV lounge inside the canopy.
Amy and I lounging in the lounge!
I just love this picture. And it was only my Iphone that I used.
And here we are outside the lounge.
And to top it off, I got a cute stick on tattoo.
We also did a lot of shopping. Along with my too expensive shirt, I got a $5 pair of boots that I plan to Modge Podge material on, a huge sack of Disney toys for the girls, a cute dress that my friend Gretchen is going to want, and some vintage table cloths that I plan to make something out of. Or with most of my other vintage fabric...just sit in a drawer and look pretty! Below is a picture of the dressing room where I got the cute dress. It was a camper that had been stripped of it's insides and redecorated just way too cutely (is that a word? Probably not) but you get the idea!
There was even a real, alive white bird in the birdcage! I wanted the camper for my backyard. Philip would surely have divorced me if I had bought it. However, I don't think it was for sale! We had a fun, dusty day. My tennis shoes are still dusty from all the dirt just blowing around.

No comments: